Walnut, Peanut and Raisin Granola bar
Originally Posted By: Gershon
This was inspired by, but is not close to a recipe in "Another Fork in the Trail" Please give credit if used.
Makes Fifteen servings
Total cost: $4.57
All measurements are in grams.
1. Crush the walnuts and peanuts lightly in a ziploc bag
2. Cook on stove in a 2 quart sauce pan until they start to smell good. Stir while cooking. (You will need the big pot later.)
3. Put walnuts and peanuts in another bowl
4. Put the Agave nector and sugar in the sauce pan and heat until mixed. Then add peanut butter and heat until blended.
5. Add nuts, carob seeds, raisins, cereal to the saucepan and mix will with low heat (or no heat if it's mixing well)
6. Place a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet or some other pan that will fit in your freezer.
7. Spread mixture out and press flat about the thickness of a granola bar.
8. Freeze for 30 minutes.
9. Set out for 30 minutes.
10. If the kids haven't already eaten it, then cut in pieces and wrap in waxed paper.
I tried this and it takes about 20 minutes to make. It tastes like a Baby Ruth bar with walnuts in it.